ThermoColor is a finish that contains heat sensitive colour changing pigments, that is, they change colour depending on temperature.
- A range of heat sensitive colour changing pigments that exhibit thermochromism.
- Spherical particles of approximately 5–30 microns in diameter.
- Contained within a capsule, thus the thermochromic material does not come into contact with the skin and is completely safe.
- At lower temperatures the thermochromic material is coloured. However, upon heating the material becomes colourless allowing underlying colours to be seen.
- Can be printed, coated, padded or exhaust applied.
- Can be used with ordinary pigments to achieve colour contrast effects.
- Products available that change colour at various temperatures, normally around 32°C.
ThermoColor is available in the following range of colours: